The Database Publishing Handbook is the most complete reference to the subject you'll find. It's perfect for everyone who needs to find out how to publish their data. Whether you are a complete "newbie" or a seasoned computer user you'll find invaluable information in this book:
- What, exactly, is database publishing?
- How to get your data out of the database or spreadsheet into a useable format
- What are the usable formats?
- How to automatically format all your data in the style you want it to appear
- Which "publishing destination" is best for your project? A page layout program such as QuarkXPress or InDesign; a word processor such as Microsoft Word; HTML documents; XML; or ... something else?
- What's a delimited text file?
- What are text tags, and how do they work?
- Automatically placing pictures in your document
Maybe you've tried publishing your catalogue or directory the old-fashioned way: doing it all manually. Pretty tedious, wasn't it? Or perhaps you've just been given a new publishing project and you're looking for the most efficient way to accomplish the job. Where do you start?
With my book about database publishing, of course!
The book explains the steps you need to take to produce your publication. It describes the various options available, such as how to get the data out of your database or spreadsheet, what the different formats are, and how to get it into your chosen "publishing destination" (most likely a page layout program such as Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress). The book contains clear explanations of technical terms to help de-mystify the process.
You'll also find lots of additional resources such as reference books and useful software on this web site - just check out the links on the left of the page.
Whatever your database publishing project, you're bound to find my book helpful! And what have you got to lose? It's free!